Crystal Spring Technologies and Product Innovations:
WHY WET/DRY FEEDING?
Our original wet/dry feeder technology lets pigs mix their own slurry directly in their feeder. This results in more gain and less feed and water waste, making our feeders the most profitable in the industry. This technology brings advantages to different spectrums of production and we can divide the main ones in management and performance, pig health and sustainability.
- Allows for precise feed flow and water flow control
- Ensures more uniformity in the herd
- Pigs eat up to 20% faster allowing for more pigs per feeder space
- Optimized daily gain (ADG) to feed conversion (FCR) ratios
PIG HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Improved gut health (less diseases, less mortality, better performance)
- Slurry feed improves feed intake and overall gain during the first 7 days considered as critical in nursery phase
- A better start for nursery pigs translates in better weight gain in that phase which then translates to double that amount in the finishing phase
- The access to water and slurry feed improves overall sow conditioning, which allows for higher average litter and wean weights and faster return to estrus
- Less water wastage
- Less liquid in the manure which allows for easier manure management
Our Adaptive-Flow™ technology uses a patented silicone insert to create consistent and precise water flow control regardless of variable barn water pressures. This simplifies wet/dry feeder management, reduces water and feed wastage, and improves overall performance.
Products that use Adaptive-Flow™: Wet/Dry Feeder Nipples (included in all wet/dry feeders), Drinker Nipples, Inline Regulator with Quick-Connect Valve, Movable Water Bar Kit, Water Pipes and more.
Our EZ-Adjust™ technology provides easy, repeatable, and precise feed flow control 1/16” (1.5mm) increments, for all feed types and quality. This mechanism is simple, innovative, and offers the industry’s most refined adjustment while simplifying feeder management in each growing phase.
Products that use EZ-Adjust™: All Crystal Spring Feeders with adjustable feed shelves use our EZ-Adjust™ technology for the best feed flow control.
Our Water-Space™ feeders are designed to allow for pigs as small as 8lbs (3,5kg) to access water at the feeder from their first day in the nursery barn. We engineered our Water-Space™ feeders to allow one of the feed spaces to act as the Water-Space™ during the pigs’ two initial weeks in the barn so they can be trained to mix their own feed and water. The feeders have a separate water source that delivers water exclusively to the Water-Space™, a shut off valve that controls the level of water in the space, and a feed block to keep feed out of the space for the first two weeks. The feeder engineering paired with a set of management recommendations allow pigs to have a better start at the nursery.
Products that use Water-Space™: Wet/dry feeders for nursery barns (N2/G2 Series) and wean-to-finish barns (F16/WF8 Series).